Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Elan 2013 Puzzle TBT Ski Review


Today I will be reviewing the 2013 Elan Puzzle TBT. I was given this ski last season from Elan skis, and I loved it. The ski has new TBT technology, which pretty much means the bases are shaped like a boats hull. This is great in conditions where the snow is soft, by eastern standards. I know this because when I would ride with my friends on days where the snow was deep, the skis were able to pick themselves up and still turn well, which is rare in a regular ski.
It also has sidewall technology, which means that the sides of the ski are strong. It is a good rule of thumb that if a ski is cap construction that it is cheep, and if it has sidewall it is well built and meant for bigger or more skilled people. It is also the first ski with early rise that I have enjoyed. Most times that I ski with early rise skis I feel that the only thing touching the snow is my foot, but with the Elan Puzzles, I felt like I had a lot more under my foot which makes it feel balanced.
In general, I love this ski, I have it in size 176 which is perfect for me, and I can't wait for the snow to fly so that I can use it again on the slopes. Above is a picture of me using them at the Nashoba end of the season rail jam, and below is a video where I use these skis exclusively. http://www.elanskis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment