Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012 Fun in the Sun Rail Jam and Lost Valley Rail Jam




 First of all, great to talk to you all again!



 This past weekend I headed down to Wachusett in Mass to do the Fourth anual "Fun in the Sun" rail jam. It was a blast, Wachusett park staff had two features setup. They had a mailbox rail setup, which was super fun. And then they had a Up box with a transfer to a flat/downish butter box. The box setup was very sticky and not very fun. So the contest was based mostly on the mailbox rail. The contest was very fun and I turned out on top of the podium winning a cash prize! It was an honor to win because for the past two season my little brother won the event, and this season he could not attend, and the year before those events I was third and my little brother was somewhere behind me. So that was a very fun event. I just found two videos from the rail jam. One of them is from a local filmer, and the other is from the Wachusett resort video crew.




Today I headed up to Maine to do the Lost Valley Rail Jam. This event kicks off the start to all of the Maine events, so it is a good one to go to to get noticed. The setup is in the picture below, but it had a mindblowing feature, the white box closest to the camera is not really a box, but instead it is a box with shipping rollers in the middle of it. This was odd because it was very easy to catch an edge inbetween rollers, but was still a very fun box. But the long down box was the star of the event, it was big enough to get many different tricks on. The rail never got setup because of lack of snow. I enjoyed doing the event, but the judging was all screwed up, instead of having judges like other events, it was a rider judged event. However, most of the skiers never got to vote, and since I only knew three people there, I did not get to many votes eventhough I did more tricks than other people. I was still the second skier, but since it was just a voted on event, and skiers and snowboarders were judged together there was 6 or 7 snowboarders before even the first skier got his award. It was a fun event to participate in, and it had unique features, so I was still happy  that I went to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment