Tuesday, October 26, 2010

EYE TRIP by Level 1 (review)


"Eye Trip" by Level 1 Prodcutions

So my copy of Eye Trip arrived the other day, I've been a Level 1 fan since they first started making movies, I have High 5, Shanghai 6, Long Story Short, Real time, Turbo, and Refresh. So yeah I'm a pretty big fan. This movie was different than years past though, which is good. It is not a movie that will totally blow you away the first time you watch it, but it is a movie that the more you watch it, the more little things you notice. For example, in one park shoot they film it with a remote control helicopter, but you notice it in one shot or another, and keep seeing it in the movie. And at other times, you might miss a tap or something on a certain trick, but when you see it, it makes the flow a lot better. This is one of the biggest pro of all pro movies, and you can tell it within the movie. It seems like most of the people in the movie seem to be acting for their intros, and throughout their entire segments. Still sometimes they do a good job and sections turn out very good. For example, Phil Cassabon's segment involves a ton of acting, and yet it is one of the best, most flowy segments I've ever seen. Also the Sun Valley segment is amazing, I remember when I was younger going out there before there was a park, and this segment really reinvents the ski resort in my mind. So yeah good movie, I would suggest getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment