Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meathead Films in Plymouth

            "Work It Out" by Meathead Films


So last night Meathead Films brought their latest movie to PSU show. Tickets were $3 which was a price that not many people could pass up. The movie itself was pretty good, not the best that I have seen this year however. I really liked how it is a movie that is based mostly in New England, and has used the saying Ski The East as their slogan almost.


However what I did not like was all of the powder, I mean personally I enjoy skiing powder, not watching it, but the shots that they had used of the EC pow was only knee deep at best. On the same note, the Japan powder segment was amazing, but it was in Japan, not the US East Coast. I think that my favorite part of the entire movie was Shea Flynn making a comment that he is "not and angry person but a perfectionist", while he is hitting himself and snapping skis over rails in frustration, that point made everybody laugh, and I was dieing laughing. Another criticism that I had heard from most people, was the the tricks in the movie were not to impressive, for example, watching Will and Andy doing back flips and front filps on the urban scene in front of different cities was not amazing. All in all, I enjoyed this movie, but I don't think that I will be buying it for my personal collection.

1 comment:

  1. "I mean personally I enjoy skiing powder, not watching it".

    really? How could you not like watching a few good pow slashes?? FYI just bought a pair of G3 El Hombres. 105 at the waist. YeeHaw

    lets spruce this blog up! add some color/features/etc.

    -prof O

    ReplyDelete